Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chakra Shower and Chakra Dance


Here's a new one--a couplet of paintings!

I started painting this first one, Chakra Shower, Copyright 2008 by Sheryl Brown, All Rights Reserved after a day of decluttering (again!), and didn't get back to it for several days. At first, it just had the strong bands of color. Later, I added the streaming shower of light effect. I started to feel sad that I might have overworked the painting, so decided to try doing a second one, and stopping sooner.

Now I have to tell you, it is almost impossible for me to copy my own work. Believe me, I've tried! It seems each painting wants to be its own unique individual (just like people!!).

But this is the closest I've managed to come up with a very similar effect. Again, I painted more than the basic solid bands of color, but this time it looks more vibrational between the color bands than the first one (which seems like a shower of light), so I've named it Chakra Dance Copyright 2008 by Sheryl Brown, All Rights Reserved.

I would be very interested in hearing if you have a preference between the two paintings and why. Thanks so much for your feedback!

And by the way, I am taking Cloud Dance to a professional fine arts scanner this coming Monday!

So, if you want to make an order, now is the time! Call 425 652-1413 or email me sheryl@sunraycounseling.com with the size you want 8 by 10 or 16 by 20, on paper or canvas, and what your general budget for it will be.

I am so excited and pleased to be able to offer you the opportunity to have some of my art in your home or office to bring good feelings and to inspire your own creativity!

(Does it sound like I've got dancing on the brain?? Wait till you see my next post on New Boot Snow Dance!!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sheryl! I actually like the first one better. I think it has more energy. I don't think it's overworked at all. I can't wait to see your next one. you inspire me!